We often have mixed feelings about track cars – they tend to be built around the individual aims of the owner, dependant on the type of use envisaged, and often not very adaptable to a new keeper. Additionally, the original donor cars can often be dubious – and owners tend to focus more on fun and performance rather than good ongoing upkeep.
Luckily, this particular machine fits into neither category. This is an E30 M3 built exactly as everyone would really like to do it, and we bloody love it! A high quality donor car was the start point, coupled with an excellent blueprint, all rolled into a car that’s been properly looked after.
Take a look at this fabulous spec;
2.5-litre ‘S14’ engine upgraded to Group A specification, using a genuine BMW block with the extra webbing and cooling oil jets, as well as motorsport-grade JE forged pistons and Arrow Precision con rods. The Group A style cylinder head with upgraded 312/292 motorsport cams is complemented by 38.5/32.5 sodium-filled exhaust valves, weighing 62g each with 29.5 ports, as well as SRD7 springs with shim under tappets. The throttle bodies are 48mm with a 50/55 4-into-2 Evolution III manifold, and it was fitted with a new timing chain.
The standard BMW 2.5-litre crank was lightened and balanced, and enhanced with an Evolution flywheel and a new clutch. A Maxx Alpha-N module was used to map the engine. Using a compression ratio of 12.0:1, power was taken to around 300bhp, though this was detuned down from a potential 320bhp. It has a carbon-fibre air box with 18cm runners, and the vendor advises that to build a new engine to this specification would cost in excess of £20,000 – and that is assuming you can even find a genuine 2.5-litre block to begin with.
A custom fuel cell was fabricated to fit the spare wheel well, with two feed lines and one return. There is also a bespoke exhaust system installed, designed to extract optimal power from the engine. The differential is an upgraded item of a lower ratio to standard, and is equipped with the finned differential cover from a later M Coupe to aid cooling. There are new Group A specification AP Racing brakes fitted at the front and rear.
Summary of upgrades:
• New 2.5-litre S14 engine with upgrades described above
• New coilover Leda shock absorbers and lowered springs
• New Group A specification AP Racing brakes fitted front and rear
• New alloy fuel tank fitted in the spare wheel well with twin fuel pumps
• All new fuel and brake lines run through the inside of the car
• New bespoke wiring loom covered in Raychem DR-25 tubing, the chassis and ECU with labels on every wire
• New purpose-built fuse box under the carbon dash
• Alpha-N Plus fitted to remove the airflow meter plus carbon air box
• Stack dash having various parameters and readouts including a 10,000rpm rev counter
• New rocker switches for ancillaries including electric windows and push buttons for changing the dash screen etc.; these are lit up with the light switch and the car has red foot well lamps when the doors are opened
• New carbon dashboard, flocked to reduce glare in the windscreen from the carbon
• New lightweight heater fitted and plumbed in
• New short shift gear lever and linkage
• New Momo steering wheel with horn, flash and starter button
• Kill switch fitted on the dash and under front screen on the outside
• Recaro bucket seats fitted with new harnesses and covered in leather
• Full new lightweight carpets throughout the interior
• New tanks for water and screen wash
• New Garmin sat-nav unit fitted to the dash with reversing camera
• New Bose Bluetooth speaker near handbrake
• New pedal box fitted and footrest plate
• New larger Mishimoto radiator and red hoses
• New wideband Lambda sensor unit with readouts for fuelling control fitted in the dash
• New front and rear tow straps
• New bonnet locks fitted to the front of the bonnet
• New M badges front and rear
• New M Sport door handles and new string door pockets
• Carbon Evo rear spoiler and carbon front
• Single wiper conversion from the US
• New clutch slave cylinder
• Four new Nankang AR-1 235/40/18 95Y XL semi slick track tyres
• New gloss black front kidney grille and headlight grilles
• Odyssey Extreme Racing 30 / PC950 dry cell battery with bracket/cage fitted behind passenger seat
• Specially made Compomotive Motorsport wheels 8x18in TH1882 in ET15 / 5x120mm PCD
• New Wiechers Sport strut brace from Germany
• Satellite speedo with separate satellite odometer and fuel gauge
• Cam cover crinkle finished in Ferrari red
• Carbon door mirrors with turn signals
Our technical team have carried out a full condition inspection, and barring a few minor tweeks – all to be carried out prior to delivery to the new owner – this is one E30 M3 track monster that’s ready to rock and rule.
For more info about this amazing bit of Motorsport excellence, or to arrange a viewing appointment, please contact our showroom team by email email@example.com or call +44 1825 740456